Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Re: RESPOND ASAP - DAR language

I'm abstaining from voting because I wasn't at the meeting and I don't feel like I have enough information to give sound input. 

Diamonté Brown

On Dec 20, 2016, at 6:49 AM, Charlie Cooper <charlie.coop47@gmail.com> wrote:

Here are the notes from the legislative work plan:

1/21/2021 would be the trigger date. 11-year anniversary of Citizens United. Propose trigger to the sponsor. Charlie suggests remove "political" from "inalienable political rights" in the first RESOLVED clause of DAR.

 

I would also add that we must add in Rhode Island to the list of states we intend to align with (near the bottom of page 2).

 

Therefore, please vote on the following:

1.      Include the trigger provision. I'm not sure why we would offer this after our meeting with Busch. They didn't raise it. I think Wylie should try to reach Jeremy as he has not responded to my e-mail, and I'm not sure he received it.  _____ Yes      _____ No

 

2.     Remove "p0litical" from "inalienable political rights."  _____ Yes      _____ No

 

 

Charlie Cooper

H: 410-578-8291

C: 410-624-6095

www.getmoneyoutmd.org 

 

"We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." – Louis Brandeis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment